Total Pageviews

Monday, October 27, 2014

DIY Wall Art

      White canvases are usually on sale at most craft stores ( I bought a 2 pack of thin canvases for $5 after sale/ coupon) So, I wanted to think of a cool, easy design to put on some for our hallway. 

I searched a few minutes and found this: 

I thought this was a nice design for our decor and I decided to do it in a dark grey to contrast our light greyish / blue walls. 

I first taped off the design 


I made the corner squares first then the large rectangle that overlapped each corner. 


Next I mixed up some acrylic paints I had 
- A tiny squirt of black ( pea size), a large squirt ( quarter size) light grey, silver and champagne. 

Tested and added more or less depending on your darkness desire. 


After painting it on in a thin layer I let it dry for a few hours. 


I peeled it off ( it looks darker here) and loved the results! 


Here they are hung in our hall. So easy and cheap to make!

* any paint smudges can be fixed with whiteout! 

-xoxo happy crafting! 

No comments:

Post a Comment