Total Pageviews

Thursday, September 25, 2014

Front Step Fall Decor - pumpkins!

This fall I'm even more excited than ever to decorate. We just bought our first home in April! It's no secret I love to decorate for birthdays, holidays and everything in between. This fall is no exception. 

We worked a lot on the inside of the house this spring and the summer was filled with a lot of fun trips, bbqs and quality time. Now it's time for fun holiday decor, warm soups & snuggling by our new fireplace :) 

Here are the first pieces of fall decor ... More to come i'm sure. 

I first began with a vision. i wanted pumpkins & mums and a little sign at the entry.

 I saw many cute monogrammed pumpkins but thought how sad I'd be making them and slowly watching my pumpkin rot as the season went by. So , I thought... Plastic ( beautiful and realistic looking) ones would work! I made a trip to my local Michaels Craft Store and found two sizes 1/2 off! 



I bought two size and got both for $10! I also bought small letter stencils for $5 to paint on our last name. 

I had black acrylic paint already and clear sealant spray. 

So, what you'll need:

Plastic pumpkins

Krylon ( or any brand) clear sealant spray to make the pumpkins uv / waterproof.

Acrylic paint

Stencils

First, I took the large pumpkin and planned my design in pencil. A large "r" for Robinson and then our entire surname written midway on the pumpkin. 

Next, i wanted the small pumpkin to have our house number. So i planned that out with pencil too. 

After some steady hands , patience with the stencils & your acrylic paint ... Now I have the name & number done. 

Let the paint dry for 5-10 min & spray the entire pumpkin with the sealant spray. Mine have been our for 2 weeks now & they have weathered rain , cold weather and hot sun. 

 

I ended up free hand writing the "R" and the 4 because I couldnt find large enough stencils. 

I love the way it came out and now I can use them year to year! 

-xo

Christina 

No comments:

Post a Comment